- Vision, Mission & Values
- UNOS History
- Life at UNOS
- In the Community
- Careers at UNOS
- Careers in Transplant
- Corporate Partners
December 11, 2012
Nominees Chosen for Board of Directors Election
At its November meeting, the OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors approved the following slate of nominees for Board appointments beginning in June 2013. The OPTN Board of Directors also functions as the UNOS Board of Directors. Candidates were recommended by the OPTN/UNOS Nominating Committee.
OPTN/UNOS member voting representatives will receive a ballot and biographical information for the nominees in January; the election will be completed in February or March (specific date yet to be determined).
President (vote for one)
* Kenneth A. Andreoni, M.D.; Shands Hospital at University of Florida
Vice President/President-Elect (vote for one)
* Carl L. Berg, M.D.; Duke University Hospital
* Thomas A. Gonwa, M.D.; Mayo Clinic Florida
Immediate Past President (vote for one)
* John P. Roberts, M.D.; UCSF Medical Center
Treasurer (vote for one)
* Pamela L. Gillette, M.P.H., RN, B.A.; Medical City Dallas Hospital
* Laura M. Murdock-Stillion, M.H.A.; Ohio State University Medical Center
Minority Transplant Professional Representative (vote for one)
* Pang-Yen Fan, M.D.; UMass Memorial Medical Center
* Christopher M. Jones, M.D.; Jewish Hospital
* David Hull, M.D.; Hartford Hospital
* Michael E. Shapiro, M.D.; Hackensack University Medical Center
* Harvey Solomon, M.D.; St. Louis University Hospital
* Marwan S. Abouljoud, M.D.; Henry Ford Hospital
* David Shaffer, M.D., Ph.D.; Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Patient and Donor Affairs and Voluntary Health Organization Representatives (vote for three)
* Ray J. Gabel, B.A.
* Kathleen D. LeBeau, B.A.
* Donald J. Olenick, J.D., M.P.A.
* Isabel Yuriko Stenzel Byrnes, M.S.W., M.P.H.
* Ronald S. Taubman, B.S.
* Vicky L. Young, Ph.D., M.A., M.Ed.
Histocompatibility Representative (vote for one)
* John A. Gerlach, Ph.D., D(ABHI); ASHI; Immunohematology and Serology Laboratory, Michigan State University
OPO Representative (vote for one)
* Susan A. Stuart, RN, M.P.H.; Center for Organ Recovery and Education
Transplant Coordinator Representative (vote for one)
* Craig W. Myrick, RN, CPTC; Intermountain Donor Services
The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is operated under contract with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Division of Transplantation by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS). The OPTN brings together medical professionals, transplant recipients and donor families to develop organ transplantation policy.