Website Carolina Donor Services
Carolina Donor Services is seeking a Vice President of Operations/Chief Operations Officer (COO). This position will be located in Carolina Services’ Durham office.
Carolina Donor Services (CDS), with three offices in Winston-Salem, Durham, and Greenville, North Carolina covers 77 counties in North Carolina as well as Danville, Virginia. With a rich history dating back to 1985, the non-profit organization remains true to its mission statement, “Carolina Donor Services maximizes the passing of the heroic gift of life from one human being to another through organ and tissue donation”.
Carolina Donor Services works with donor families, hospitals, and transplant centers across the state to maximize organ and tissue donation. With more than 3,162 individuals currently waiting for an organ in North Carolina, CDS’ goal is to decrease that number and continue to bring awareness to the significance of organ donation.
The Vice President of Operations/COO will:
– Be responsible for providing oversight, leadership, and direction to all areas of daily operations of organ and tissue donation.
– Develop and implement strategies in public education and ensure they are effective in promoting organ and tissue donation throughout the CDS service area.
– Assure a collaborative relationship with all partner hospitals and transplant centers.
– Monitor and oversee a training program for all clinical staff that is consistent with the organization’s mission, core values and vision.
– Oversee efforts to ensure CDS staff is respectful to all donor family members during the donation process and families receive a consistent/high quality aftercare service from CDS.
– Evaluate operational performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics; identify opportunities for standardization and implement process improvements.
The next COO for Carolina Donor Services will be enthusiastic about the OPO’s mission and continued growth. She/he will have a strong team orientation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Preferred qualifications for this position include:
– B.S or B.A required. Master’s degree in business, healthcare or other related field preferred.
– 5 years minimum of management experience with demonstrated leadership accomplishments including improvement of an organization’s strategic and operational performance.
– Experience in the field of organ donation, organ transplant, or healthcare administration.
– Marketing, community outreach, demonstrated executive leadership skills.
If your passion lies in making a serious difference in people’s lives; expressions of interest and/or applications (including a cover letter and full Curriculum Vitae) should be submitted to the attention of Carolina Donor Services, c/o Cindy Hanson-HR Manager, 909 E. Arlington Blvd, Greenville, NC 27858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be directed to Cindy at 252-321-5114.