Website Children's Mercy Hospital
The Administrative Director of the Transplant Center (Solid Organ Transplant Program) provides leadership for the Transplant Center with administrative oversight of the Heart, Liver, Kidney, and Intestinal transplant programs. The Director is accountable for the development, coordination, evaluation, and enhancement of transplant operations/programs in response to the needs of the patients and while providing support to the medical and surgical and program leadership. Specific responsibilities include education, training, safety, regulatory (OPTN/UNOS, CMS), financial, marketing collaboration, and resource management in accordance with regulatory guidelines and polices; also assuring quality outcomes that meet or exceed standards.
· Master’s degree required.
· 3 years’ experience required.
· Knowledge of organization, operation and coordination of hospital activities acquired through clinical leadership experience related to program specialty. Track record in program development and expansion required.
· Excellent consultative, collaboration and communication skills necessary to partner with KU, St. Luke’s, and other health systems physicians, patients, families and others from the community to achieve goals.
· Knowledge and experience administering complex budgets and short/long range goals and strategies.
· Analytical abilities to develop, design, implement and evaluate systems and prepare analysis identifying critical concerns and recommending corrective action and to develop and administer policies, and budgets and oversee work of others. Leading by example and putting patients first.
· Strong background and experience with organizations and regulatory groups such as but not limited to; OPTN/United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), CMS,OPO, HLA Lab.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Check out this great video about Children’s Mercy and Kansas City!! http://bit.ly/V68kyK