Website Fairview Hospital
Fairview and MHealth have established an integrated, University branded Solid Organ Transplant (SOT) service line that blends the best of medical, surgical and academic transplant medicine and is distributed throughout as “one” program in the eyes of patients, colleagues and the community. The SOT Service Line Administrative Director will work in partnership with the Service Line Physician Director (SLPD) and the MHealth Executive Leader to provide operational and strategic oversight for the SOT service line. This position is responsible for leading, facilitating and managing the clinical and administrative operations and strategic and tactical planning processes to achieve top decile performance as a transplant center. This role supports outstanding research and teaching activities and is accountable for the SOT operations team including managing transplant care coordinators, regulatory and quality, patient and family experience, and effective & efficient resource use. This role works in a highly matrixed organization with the SLPD and MHealth Executive Leader, Department, clinic and hospital physician leadership, the Academic Health Center, physicians and administrative leadership groups, develops clear operational plan/tactics to achieve strategic priorities, assures a high quality program that complies with regulatory requirements of all certified Transplant Centers within the MHealth System including Heart, Lung, Pancreas, Kidney (Deceased and Living Donor), Liver (Deceased and Living Donor), TPIAT and multi-organ transplant. The Director will work collaboratively with other service line and operational leaders, including Pharmacy, Imaging, Laboratory, Information Systems, Health Information Management, Social Work, clinic and hospital operations, Nutritional services, Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation to achieve goals and objectives for the SOT service line
In partnership with the SLPD and MHealth Executive Leader:
o Provides staff support to the Executive Committee of the SOT Service Line
o In collaboration with service line management committee and steering committee, leads the development and implementation of the SOT Service Line operational and strategic plans.
o The Service Line Administrative Director will manage requests for Service Line management committee and/or SOT operations teams and/or other senior management who attend at committee meetings based on agenda topics.
o Manages Performance Improvement initiatives, including patient experience, cost/case, reducing variation in practice, and other quality improvement initiatives.
o Accountable for and oversees day-to-day operations, staff related management and leadership of the SOT Service Line.
· The Service Line Administrative Director is expected to clearly frame the issues, identify alternatives and make recommendations on issues requiring elevation to senior management.
o Partners with MHealth Business Development leadership to create and maintain an annual market study supporting the SOT Service Line including understanding regional and national market share, competitor profiles and market projections by transplant type.
o Responsible for the development and execution of a marketing and branding strategy for the SOT Service Line.
o Partners with MHealth Outreach to create a clear presence in the community with the goal of building positive relationships and educating the community about MHealth’s high quality and comprehensive approach to the provision of SOT services.
o Assure a collaborative relationship with all referring provider; establish methods for timely referrals and communication.
o Collaborates effectively with other MHealth Leadership to implement strategic and operational tactics to achieve goals and objectives of the SOT Service Line.
o Promote open, effective and ongoing communication and the sharing of information among and between SOT services, physicians, employees and leadership at MHealth and the Academic Health Center.
o Provides financial expertise and advice as needed. Assures financial support needed to grow and improve service line performance.
o Creates and maintains, with support from finance, consolidated financial statements for the SOT Service Line.
o Leads development of financial strategies, financial long-range plans and budgets for SOT service line.
o Coordinates development of business plans and pro-forma’s for service line capital requests. Serves as focal point for all service line analysis including budget variances, progress vs. planspro-forma’s, operating trends etc.
o Provides financial analysis related to existing or proposed financial models implemented to align incentives with physicians.
o Leads determination of financial information needs for service line. Coordinates with Accounting and others to provide timely, accurate and useful routine and financial reporting.
· With the SLPD and MHealth Executive Leader has major input into SOT Service Line strategic and capital planning, outreach, quality assurance, and performance improvement.
· Leads development of increased understanding of MHealth and physician service line cost structures and how they relate to charge structure, rate negotiation and revenue improvement opportunities.
· Leads development of financial criteria for accepting out-of-state Medicaid and self-pay patients, taking into consideration legal requirements as well as financial risk.
· Coordinates with hospital and physician reimbursement staff to understand and communicate current reimbursement rules, and future potential changes that impact service line.
· Coordinates with Central Business Office to assure that billing processes and systems are adequate to bill services rendered in accordance with contract terms and regulatory requirements. Assures audit processes are in place to monitor reimbursement consistent with contract and government terms. Provides feedback and training to operational areas to assure compliance with contract terms and timely, accurate reimbursement.
· Collaborates with Revenue Management to develop competitive pricing and contracting strategies related to service line. Collaborates with Revenue Management, MHealth Executive Leader, the SLPD and other physician representatives to support negotiations of contracts with third party payers.
· Engage with payers to review outcomes and communicate key care model changes, improvements and innovations as well as developing positive relationships outside of the contracting process.
· Leads development and implementation of a process to identify new technology that should be incorporated into payer contracts. Supports Revenue Management in negotiating technology advances into contracts, and developing prospective approaches to educating payers on efficacy of new devices, procedures, and protocols.
Bachelors degree in a Health Care related field and MHA, MHP, MBA or Advanced Practice
10 or more years in healthcare including background strengths in the following:
· Complex program development and implementation in a highly matrixed organization
· Influential leadership
· Demonstrated leadership experience working with all levels of staff including senior level leadership.
· Academic Medical Center environment
· Payer contracting strategies and negotiations
· Government regulation and reimbursement requirements
· Financial management, planning and analysis
· Operations improvement strategies and techniques
· Accounting, measurement and reporting
· Decision support systems
· Complex multi-unit or matrix organizational structures
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated Team work
· Senior level leadership experience preferred
· Strongly prefer experience in transplant services
· Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or other improvement methods
· Outstanding verbal and written communications and presentation skills. Leadership skills, Team Building and influence skills. Demonstrated process improvement results in healthcare settings. Effective communication with healthcare providers and clinical management and clinical staff.
Are you ready to transform healthcare with us?
For more than 100 years, Fairview has been meeting community needs and achieving breakthrough medical advances in care. We are committed to providing our patients and their families with the very best care and the very best experience. Fairview has seven hospitals and medical centers and more than 90 primary and specialty care clinics throughout the state.
In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview is an academic health system committed to nation-leading research and educating tomorrow’s physicians and health care professionals. We serve patients from across the state of Minnesota, the upper Midwest and beyond.
True to our values of dignity, integrity, service, compassion and innovation, our employees are improving patient lives and driving a healthier future. Consider being part of our team today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
http://jobs.fairview.org-16-62579- Administrative Director of Solid Organ Transplant Service Line