Hackensack University Medical Center
Hackensack University Medical Center (HackensackUMC) staff is dedicated to achieving excellence in-patient and family-centered care by providing the highest quality value-based service. Our team is committed to creating a collaborative, multidisciplinary practice environment that exemplifies clinical excellence, professionalism, and dedication in order to achieve the quality outcomes that our community has come to rely on.
As a key member of our renowned clinical team, the Transplant Analyst will plan, coordinate and implement strategies and tactics for the inpatient and out-patient data needs as they relate to the transplant process. They will also data capture and provide professional support related to the design and implementation of performance improvement plans.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating development of the database system.
- Planning, organizing and providing support for research trials, clinical care for transplant patients, and quality program and initiatives.
- Reviewing clinical data for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensuring there is effective analysis of performance data with comparison over time and comparisons to internal and external benchmarks to identify improvement opportunities.
- Facilitating analysis of data and assisting teams with understanding and interpreting their data.
- Ensuring trend analysis is performed and appropriate response to unfavorable trends are developed and deployed.
- In conjunction with clinical leaders, performing focused studies on diagnosis, procedures and various performance measures based on pre-determined criteria.
- Using CQI tools and principles in all team related work.
- Ensuring plans and designs are consistent with internal and external expectations for accreditation, regulatory compliance and public reporting.
- Providing technical and educational support for transplant staff and physicians with regard to database and ambulatory EMR.
- Participating with management to develop and apply standards of data storage, manipulation and reporting.
- Maintaining knowledge of patient data flow criteria for transplant services.
- Creating, monitoring and updating appropriate policies and procedures.
- Extracting data and preparing reports for all internal audiences and outside regulatory and research agencies.
- Assisting the management team in marketing and business development initiatives utilizing transplant services data for planning activities and through active participation in outreach activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License required
- MHA, MSN, MBA preferred
- 5 years’ experience in data collection, analysis and management in a health care setting preferred
- Strong ability to collect, organize, analyze and present data
- Strong project management skills with the ability to think conceptually and analytically
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as ability to learn and utilize on-line collection data sites, and the ability to utilize spreadsheets and graphic programs to produce bar graphs and charts
- Willingness and ability to learn report writing skills for Epic ambulatory EMR.
To learn more and apply, visit us online at: jobs.hackensackumc.org. Search for job # 18227.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.hackensackumc.org. →