Website Swedish Medical Center
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Director Organ Transplant Program to work for the Organ Transplant Department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Transplant Director will serve as a leader within the Swedish Organ Transplant Program (OTP) by promoting a professional practice environment that enables the multidisciplinary team members to continuously provide patient care excellence while enriching the patient experience and bettering the entire transplant program. The Transplant Director will have significant leadership experience in kidney and liver organ transplantation.
In this position you will:
• Perform in a non-patient care role, providing administration and guidance of daily operations, as they pertain to obeying CMS/UNOS guidelines, and supervising personnel and workload issues
• Partner with the administration director of business and operations in accomplishing strategic initiatives, maintaining managed care payer relations, and developing outreach clinics that support programmatic growth
• Ensure compliance with UNOS bylaws, CMS Conditions of Participation and other agency regulations
• Lead the transplant programs safety and quality initiatives
• Develop and improve on all QA activities and F-QAPI program requirements
• Help to lead the program’s safety and quality initiatives
• Welcome and succeeding at problem solving
• Act as liaison to the institution: growing the clinical program, developing the teaching program, and promoting the clinical research side
• Have responsibility and oversight accountability over the transplant program’s compliance to regulatory guidelines set forth by UNOS and CMS, including ongoing updates to their policies, procedures, and programmatic requirements
• Have oversight to both kidney and liver transplant program’s support staff, which include social work, nutrition, and pharmacy
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Nursing Baccalaureate degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing
• 5 years minimum of related experience in transplant program management
• Current Washington State RN license
• 5 years minimum of management experience in a health care organization, preferably including inpatient and outpatient settings
• Experience in Transplant Services and strong project management skills
• Knowledge of solid abdominal organ transplantation services and inpatient and outpatient clinical areas of operations related to same
• In depth understanding of regulatory requirements including CMS and UNOS requirements
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• A Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration, Nursing, or Business Administration (completed or in progress)
• Experience in CMS/UNOS audits
• Experience in kidney and liver transplant program development and/or management
About the First Hill Campus
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence. Swedish has grown to become the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
When applying online, please reference job number 108072.
Swedish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=76235 →