UI Heart and Vascular Center
Quality and Operational Improvement Engineer
UI Heart and Vascular Center
The successful incumbent will develop, coordinate and become subject matter expert on components of the Transplant Focused Quality Assurance and Process Improvement (FQAPI) and UIHC Performance Improvement (PI) Program. Facilitate improvement activities utilizing PI methodologies (DMAIC); serve as a resource to assist and train others on performance improvement methodologies and evidence based patient safety and quality initiatives in the solid organ transplant and mechanical circulatory support programs; provide all levels of management, physicians, and clinical staff with accurate and timely information for effective decision making utilizing internal and external decision support systems in the Office of Clinical Quality, Safety and Performance Improvement and the Transplant Programs on behalf of the UI Heart and Vascular Center (HVC).
For full details and to apply online search requisition #69689 at http://jobs.uiowa.edu/.
Selection process will include credential verification, TB screening & background check. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Master’s degree in a basic science and/or Healthcare-related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Minimum 3 years quality-related experience in managing outcomes and performance improvement initiatives/techniques in a health-related discipline.
• Ability to format advanced tables; retrieve data via queries; and create presentations via PowerPoint.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team and collaborate effectively with physicians, staff, patients/families and other internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated ability to positively interact and communicate (verbal and written) with physicians, staff, patients/families and other internal and external customers.
• Specific training and certification in performance improvement techniques e.g., Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is desired.
• Professional certification related to healthcare quality (i.e. CPHQ, ASQ) is desired.
• Clinical nursing experience desired.
• Some knowledge of University and Regent policies, procedures, and regulations is desired.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/pands/view/69689 →