About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry.
We are currently seeking a Transplant Dietitian to work with our Transplant team at Vidant Medical Center, Transplant Services.
This vital position will allow you the opportunity to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy to all levels of acuity in inpatient and clinic settings for Kidney and Pancreas Transplant patients.
- Assess patient’s nutritional status according to VMC standards and develops appropriate nutritional care plans using advanced clinical knowledge and skill level. Recommends plan utilizing appropriate nutrition resources.
- Maintains accurate records of activities: gives nutrition education instructions; performs charting; and provides pertinent information to the staff/students.
- Assists in patient instruction: Assess special dietary needs or allergies; ensures understanding of requirements; and makes other recommendations at an advanced skill level.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities: identifies opportunities for improvement by summarizing data analyzed and recognize areas for improvement data previously collected on projects assigned.
- Assists with on-the-job training: provides four in-service training programs/presentations.
- Performs other tasks as requested: assists in implementation of new student activities, research and interdisciplinary team activities.
- Maintains professional requirements (licensure, registration and practice area competence).
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics or Food & Nutrition is required.
- Must have completed Dietetics Internship or coordinated undergraduate program through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- If registered, must be eligible to take RD test and obtain NC license within 3 months, with the North Carolina Board of Dietetics.
- May substitute higher level of education (MS, PhD) for years of experience if pertinent to job (i.e.: Master’s Degree: 1 year, PhD: 2 years).
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) is preferred.
- Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC) credential is preferred.
- Prefer more than 2 years of experience from Practicum, field training or internship.
- Registration involving 75 hours of education every 5 years for maintenance of certification.
- Must be experienced with computers, including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with EPIC Electronic Medical Records is a plus.
- Experience working with transplant patients preferred.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.vidanthealth.com/Careers/Job-Listings/Clinical_Dietitian_Job-Transplant_Services_922516?utm_source=UNOS.org&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=UNOS →